top of page

HOW DO I...?

Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions:

How do I contact my utility service providers?

You may contact Entergy AR through their website at to establish new service or to move or stop service. Entergy bills can be paid in person at Walmart Neighborhood Market, 2100 Hwy 77 in Marion, or at Marion Marketplace, 452 Military Rd in Marion.

Gas services are provided through Summit Utilities, formerly CenterPoint Engery. You may contact them through their website,

Water and sanitation services are provided through the City of Marion. The Water Dept. contact info is (phone) 870-739-3073 and (e-mail) Bills can be paid online at Sanitation issues can be reported to City Hall at 870-739-5410.

How do I contact my city councilman?
All council members can be contacted through City Hall at 870-739-5410, or through the "Contact Us" tab  here.

How do I get put on the agenda for a city council meeting?
You may submit a request to be put on the council agenda here. Requests need to be submitted by 5pm the Wednesday prior to the date of the council meeting for which you are requesting. You may download a printed request form here. The form can be completed and mailed or delivered to City Hall at 14 Military Road. Council meetings are generally held the fourth Tuesday of each month. Date changes are occasionally necessary and will be posted on this website.

How do I obtain a yard/garage sale permit?

Permits are available through City Hall for $15. Office hours are 8 - 4:30 Monday - Friday.

How do I apply for a job with the City of Marion?
Apply online or download an employment application from our "Employment" page here. The Marion Police Department hires independently and can be contacted at 870-739-2101.


How do I report a problem with my trash pick-up?

To report a problem with your trash pick-up, call City Hall at 870-739-5410 to relay the message to the sanitation department .

How do I obtain a building permit?

Building-related permits are available to download here. If you have questions regarding your permit, contact City Hall at 870-739-5410.

How do I report a water leak?
Water leaks that involve city-maintained plumbing infrastructure should be reported to the Marion Water Dept. at 870-739-3073. After-hours calls are answered by an answering machine which offers an emergency number to call for immediate assistance.

How do I report a street light that needs repair?
To report a problem with a street light, please get the pole number (located on the pole) and report to City Hall at 870-739-5410.

How do I dispose of used tires?
Tire disposal is available at the Crittenden County landfill, located off Highway 64. Call them at 870-732-4290 for business hours and current instructions. The City Sanitation Dept. does not pick up used tires.

How do I get an automobile tag or drivers' license?

Tags and licenses are provided through the AR State Revenue Dept. located at 2921 Hwy 77 in the Bella Vista Commons complex, Marion. The phone number is 870-739-4494.

How do I get a local map, phone book, etc.?

The Marion Chamber of Commerce houses an information center where you can obtain local phone books, maps, and other regional information and brochures. They are located at 13 Military Road and hours are 8 - 4:30 Mon-Thurs; 8-noon Fri.

bottom of page